California Browncoats will be at booth A-07/A-08, which is in the back of Hall A.
We want you!
For those attending SDCC 2016 and wanting to help out at the booth, the volunteer form is now available here. From setting up to tearing down, and everything in between, exhibiting at SDCC requires a lot of people and we can’t get it accomplished without volunteers. If you’ll be at SDCC please consider donating a few hours of your time to help us raise funds for worthwhile charities. WE’LL HAVE SNACKS!
- Shifts are one hour each, with the exception of the first and last shifts of the day, which are 1.5 hours.
- No experience necessary. We’ll show you where all the merchandise is, show you how to work the charity games, and, most importantly, show you where the snacks are.
- We have two “sides” to the booth, sales and charity. Sales folk obtain merchandise for customers, answer questions, and exchange the merchandise for cashy money (or credit cards, we take those too). Charity side solicits donations and runs the prize drawing.
- If we get a celebrity signer, you may be asked to manage the line. But only if you’re comfortable with that sort of thing.
- Volunteers get discounts on booth merchandise.
We need to have everyone’s submissions in by 6PM PST on Wednesday July 13th, 2016.
2016 California Browncoats SDCC Volunteer Form
CABC will be raising money for Child’s Play during SDCC2016. Child’s Play seeks to improve the lives of children in hospitals and domestic violence shelters through the generosity and kindness of the video game industry and the power of play.
We’ll be running our prize drawing and will do two drawings per day, Thursday – Sunday. Then, we’ll throw all of the tickets back in the bucket and draw one grand prize winner. So each ticket gives you three chances to win. Lots of great stuff, including autographed books, messenger bags, pint glasses, buttons, and other stuff.
We’re going to try something new this year and sell tee shirt grab bags. We’ll put a shirt in a bag along with a prize. You tell us what size shirt you want and whether you want men’s or women’s cut. We’ve got a bunch of stuff to give away, including the hard to find Spectrum Comic from Free Comic Book Day. We’ve got six of them, and they’re signed by Alan Tudyk, P.J. Haarsma, and Shannon Denton. Chance bags will sell for $15.00, including tax.
Dr. Horrible Screening
Thursday, 7/21/16, 8:30p.m. – 10:00p.m., Room: 6BCF
Join the fun and sing along as the California Browncoats screen Internet sensation Dr. Horrible’s Sing-Along Blog. Enter the horrible costume contest and win horrible prizes in four categories: Best Dr. Horrible, Captain Hammer, Penny, and “other” character from the show. A grand prize will be awarded to one well-prepared individual for “Best in Show.” Do not bounce!
Browncoats Meeting room
Sunday, 7/24/16, 1:00p.m. – 2:00p.m., Room: Pacific 24, North Tower, Marriott Marquis San Diego Marina
Calling all Big Damn Heroes! Come join fellow Firefly fans as the California Browncoats share news of the ‘verse, artist Zac Pensol gives an insider’s view into designing Firefly board games, Shadows on the Wind Creator/Producer Jocelyn Fisher and Producer Ryan Adams shares news on their upcoming film, and whatever other fruity oaty goodness can be squeezed in. The red button’s been pressed, calling you to find us!
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/cabrowncoats for announcements before and during the convention.