California Browncoats will once again exhibit at WonderCon. We’ll be at booth 1092 with our usual assortment of shiny goodness. If you’re attending WonderCon, please stop by and say “hello.”
We Want You!
For those attending WonderCon 2017 and wanting to help out at the booth, the volunteer form is available here. From setting up to tearing down, and everything in between, exhibiting requires a lot of people and we can’t get it down without volunteers. If you’ll be there, please consider donating a few hours of your time to help us raise funds for a worthwhile charity. WE’LL HAVE SNACKS!
- Shifts are in one-hour increments.
- No experience necessary. We’ll show you where all the merchandise is, show you how to work the charity games, and, most importantly, show you where the snacks are.
- We have two “sides” to the booth, sales and charity. Sales folk obtain merchandise for customers, answer questions, and exchange the merchandise for cashy money (or credit cards, we take those too). Charity side solicits donations and runs the prize drawing.
- If we get a celebrity signer, you may be asked to manage the line. But only if you’re comfortable with that sort of thing.
- Volunteers get discounts on booth merchandise.
- Great place to charge up your phone.
We need to have everyone’s submissions in my 6PM PST on March 23rd, 2017
Al Wooten Jr. Heritage Center
Ron Glass passed away in November 2016 at the age of 71. In honor of Ron’s life, we’ll be raising money for his charity of choice, The Al Wooten Jr. Heritage Center. Ron served on their board of directors from 1992 until his death in 2016, 24 years of service to an outstanding organization. You can read more about Ron’s involvement with Al Wooten at www.wootencenter.org/ronglass
There are several ways you can support The Al Wooten Center:
- Play the world famous chopstick game. Pull a set of chopsticks out of the treasure chest. If you pull a winning set (marked with tape) you win a prize. Either way, you keep the chopsticks. Proceeds benefit The Al Wooten Center.
- Try the Challenge Coin Challenge. Buy a card and try to complete the assigned tasks, like taking pictures of Firefly cosplay, bringing a newbie to our booth (no kidnapping allowed), donating blood, or even telling us a joke. Complete fifteen tasks, and you win one of our shiny challenge coins. Proceeds benefit The Al Wooten Center.
- Donate. 100% of the money placed in the donation bucket will be given to The Al Wooten Center.
- Purchase stuff. While the sales side normally supports our operational expenses, we donate leftover money to our supported charities.
We’ve got some new stuff for WonderCon 2017.
|We’ll also have a Browncoat power bank and a cotton tote bag, but we don’t have pics yet|